Using technology to deliver more cost-effective blended learning
With changing working patterns and the proliferation of technology, the opportunities are ever-expanding.
So what should you bear in mind when looking to introduce changes?
- Consider the current learning approach internally - is it face to face only? Is it collaborative? What is the appetite for self paced distance learning?
- Pick a current programme and look at how the knowledge element of this programme could be delivered using technology either to a group or individually
- Create space in the programme to apply the knowledge in a practice situation – virtual or face to face
- Ensure that the managers and training teams coach and lead these programmes in the field
- “Stake in the ground” - ensure that a comparison can be made between the current delivery method and the blended approach - consider learner commitment, changes in knowledge and practice and of course the results
- Analyse and compare the cost of development and delivery over the first 3 years