Retaining loyal customers
Loyal customers can be worth their weight in gold. CRM systems play an important role, but so do your sales and service teams.
- Ensure that the “customer journey and their value” is understood by your internal teams and that they have regular reviews and training to keep the importance front of mind
- Keep your front line and back office teams informed about their performance and encourage practise and sharing amongst them
- Ensure your managers and coaches are leading by example, coaching and recognising high levels of discretionary effort - there is a massive correlation between discretionary effort and customer retention
- Create regular “touch points” which are about trying to understand their world, not just about your agenda.
- Keep customers updated about information which could be of interest – always look to add value to the relationship