My service team selling with enthusiasm
Many service teams do not see that sales is part of their role. However, the reality is that your service teams have multiple opportunities to sell additional services, generating revenue and enhancing the customer’s experience.
So how can you create this positive selling mentality?
- “Selling is not a dirty word” – ensure service teams can see that through proactive conversations, that they can help their customers make the right choices
- They do this by understanding what they need – it’s about helping not persuading people against their will
- Ensure that trainers and line managers are engaged and confident practising and discussing selling activities with their teams as part of everyday discussions
- “Behaviour breeds behaviour” - ensure the managers lead by example, with a positive mind-set, energy and on the job coaching to their service teams to transform a reactive nature to a proactive one
- Use short sharp skill or “buzz” sessions with heaps of practise followed up by workplace selling activities, supported by trainers and managers