Handling customer complaints more effectively
Complaints are an opportunity to deliver great service and turn around a negative into a positive.
So how can you make this step change?
- Ensure that any training or coaching includes a focus on being in the correct mental state when handling a complaint – learning how to harness this personal energy and mind-set is as important as the communication skills and processes
- Explore the importance of personal emotional payback - look to include the immense emotional payback you get at a personal level from helping someone else through a problem
- Develop active listening and conversational controlling skills - the ability to show that you see the customer’s world through their eyes is paramount
- Train your teams to match the communication style and then lead the customer into a solution rather than problem orientated conversation
- Share examples of good practice amongst the team – often neglected but immense payback – and set up a regular formal and informal customer forum with your employees